Provision has been now made in the ERP system for applying online for rule-8 transfers for all employees who wish to apply for transfer under Rule-8. View letter
DIR(HR) called a meeting on 07.04.2016 to discuss the charter of demands submitted by SNEA. GS, CHQ President, AGS Com P Padmanabha Rao, Jt Sec Com Arvind Pal Dahiya represented SNEA. GM(Pers), GM(Estt), GM(SR) and DGM(SR) attended from management side. The response from management side is slightly positive and gives an impression that now they are serious to resolve the issues.
1. Implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on Standard pay scales of E2, E3 replacing E1A and E2A: DIR(HR) informed that management examined the Khan Committee recommendations and DIR(HR) had a detailed discussion with CMD on the subject. The financial implications, demands from various Assns and its implications and likely anomalies, terms of reference of the Committee, Khan Committee recommendations etc discussed. Management decided to implement the recommendations of the three Assns and Khan Committee, which recommended replacement of E1A scale with E2 and E2A scale with E3. The committee has been asked to examine replacement scales of E1A and E2A scales only. Mgt will consider only to that extend. The cascading effect is not agreed by the management in the initial stage itself due to huge financial implications and E3 to E9 pay scales are standard pay scales approved by DoT in 2009 itself and hence it cannot be changed. Mgt will restrict to the issue referred to the Khan committee. Management want to settle the non standard pay scales as demanded by the Assns which affect the JTO/JAOs of 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014 etc batches recruited after 01.01.2007. CMD directed DIR(HR) to inform this decision of management to all the three Assns, DIR(HR) informed us. A combined meeting will be called in the 3rd week once DIR(HR) back from tour. Immediately after that same proposal will be processed. Mgt appealed not to come on the way of settlement of this basic issue of finalisation of replacement scales for E1A and E2A before 3rd PRC. Assn requested to resolve this issue immediately, otherwise pay scale revision for all the Executives will be in trouble once PRC is constituted. Now the resolution of non standard pay scales of E1A and E2A by E2, E3 scales for the young JTO/JAOs are back on track due to our continuous pressure. However we should be on high alert and full organizational preparedness to counter any attempt to derail the issue.
2. 30% Superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited Employees: Assn told management that it was clearly assured in the Jaipur AIC in the presence of all other trade union leaders that 6% will be the contribution from management side. Now it is a betrayal from management side by unilaterally reducing it from 6% to 3%. Mgt try to justify the action without any convincing reason. Earlier, EX CMD offered upto 4% but it was not accepted. Mgt is trying to justify it by stating that 3 to 6% was a proposal and after detailed calculation it is decided for 3%. The Finance wing was not even ready for 3%. According to them already sufficient contribution is making.
Management further informed that a meeting of the Assns and Unions was called on 19.02.2016 to discuss the proposal in which AIGETOA and NFTE was present. SNEA, BSNLEU, AIBSNLEA etc was not present. It was told to them about the 3% proposal. Eventhough those who are present not agreed for 3% but they didn’t opposed. It is surprising that when 3 to 4% offered two years back, they are opposing it demanding nothing less than 12% but now keeping a studied silence. Assn made its stand very clear that 3% is not acceptable to us and earlier assurance of 6% which takes the total contribution to 24% should be implemented. Mgt informed that further discussions on the details will be held shortly.
3. Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy: DIR(HR) assured that the recommendation will be processed soon. Mgt is keen to implement it. A presentation on the implementation of Jt Committee recommendations will be given to CMD on 21.04.2016. Once the broad recommendations are accepted by the management, further discussions will be held to discuss implementation. DIR(HR) assured that Assns suggestions on placement/absorption of Executives working in two or three scales above directly in higher grades without DPC as a onetime measure and giving relaxation in qualifying service for promotion to the next grade, decentralized DPCs at Circle level as followed now in EPP to avoid delay, uniform date of promotion which will end pay anomalies etc will be considered positively at the time of implementation.
Assn requested to present the 3rd recommendation of Uniform first TBP between 4 to 5 years instead of 4 to 6 also in the presentation.
4. Promotions in different wings from JTO to SDE, JAO to AO, SDE to DE/EE, AAO to CAO and DE to DGM.
The status of various promotions discussed one by one. The court cases on various DPC also discussed. On JTO to SDE DPC, Mgt informed that all preparatory work is completed and shortly a favourable decision from Ernakulam HC is expected once the Hon HC is reopened. On LDCE promotion, all the 321 cases are transferred to PCAT, New Delhi and it will be heard this month itself. The hearing on court case at Chandigarh on JTO to SDE (LDCE) and SDE to DE is listed for hearing this week itself. The other court cases related to JAO to AO promotion and AO to CAO promotion is posted in May, 2016.
5. Membership verification among Executives Associations by addressing the issues raised and restoration of trade union facilities, deduction of subscription from Salary till membership verification is conducted.
Assn strongly demanded for conduction of membership verification immediately. There is no stay on verification as propagated by SR section and others. Those worried about verification only giving propaganda about stay. The Hon court stayed one of the provisions of the Recognition Rules which arbitrarily disallows the Assns registered under Trade Union Act. There is no guidelines to disallow them. If verification is delayed further, Assn demanded to restore the Trade union facilities available before the notification and start deduction of subscription from salary.
DIR(HR) immediately asked GM(SR) why verification is not conducting if stay is not there and further directed to discuss with GM(Legal) to find a way out to end the deadlock and start verification.
Discussion on the following issues postponed to the next meeting: a) Joint Committee recommendations on Uniform TBP between 4 to 5 years instead of 4 to 6 years w.e.f 01.10.2000, b) Officiating pay fixation, pay protection – withdrawal of wrong clarifications issued on 30.05.2007 and 19.02.2010, c) Time Bound Promotion after 4 years from Lateral JTO and Sr SDE grade as given in the case of AAO and Sr AO grades, d) Notional pay of E1A and E2A for Civil/Elect wings w.e.f 01.10.2000. Since DIR(HR) is on tour next week, next meeting will be held in the 3rd week.
Circle Secretary SNEA Punjab along with Jagtar Singh CWC Member Met Sh. S.K Bhardwaj GM(Admin)Punjab Circle and discussed the following Issues :
1.Implementation of Honorable High Court Chandigarh recent Judgement in true spirit regarding revision of result in respect of TTA to JTO LICE-2013 as Honorable High Court has rejected the appeal of the BSNL and withhold the Chandigarh CAT order VIew copy of judgement Sh. Gurbinder Singh Vs Others in which court directed “to review the result of LICE 2013 with a view to ensure parameter for finalizing the answer key and provision of grace marks in the same way adopted by in other circles of BSNL with in two months from the date of judgement “CS along with affected candidates Sh.Gurbinder Singh,Sh.Surjit Rai and others in detail explained the facts about the case and requested to settle the issue at Circle level as the candidates has already suffered a lot .The GM(Admin) assured to look into the matter and settle the issue at the earliest
2.Circle Secretary requested to issue all the pending intra circle and inter circle Pending requests transfers in the cadre of Executives under Couple cases and Mutual transfers category , GM(Admin) Assured to issue all the pending orders in the month of April.
At the end CS extended thanks to GM(HR) for positive gesture