- a) Deputing senior officers to DPE to presnt the facts to DPE regarding the clarifications sought by DoT from DPE on approval of Standard Pay scales of E2 and E3 replacing the intermediary pay scales of E1A and E2A w.e.f 01.01.2007 for all the post 2007 rects including the fresh rects: DoT presented wrong informations to DPE on the issue. In order to justify their decision on lowering the pay scales from E1A to E1 and E2A to E2 in the presidential order issued on 28.03.2017, they informed DPE that BSNL wrongly implemented E1A and E2A pay scales after the formation of BSNL to fresh BSNL direct rects. This is illegal. E1A and E2A scales are only a special dispensation for the Executives absorbed from DoT into BSNL to facilitate absorption. We had submitted a copy of the reference made by DOT to DPE for her kind information. Since wrong informations are given by DoT to DPE, BSNL has to strongly present the facts before the DPE so that DPE can take a correct stand. We explained the detailed discussion we had with Advisor/DPE twice on the matter.
GM(Estt) informed about the discussions he had with this Association and opined that the DoT reference is very much negative. BSNL has to present the facts before the DPE. A para-wise response will be made on the subject to present before the DPE. After detailed discussion, DIR(HR) assured that next week, GM(Estt) will meet the concerned officers in DPE for explaining the facts to them.
- b) Notification of CPSU Hierarchy w.e.f 01.07.2018: DIR(HR) reiterated that it will be notified w.e.f 01.07.2018 as already announced, it is a BSNL Board decision and it has to be implemented, there is no other options. The issue of financial implications and reservation issue are examined by two committees and the committee report received by DIR today. DIR(HR) sought one week time to go through the report and taking further actions to notify it. We informed her about the assurance of CMD, BSNL that the moment file reaches him, he will approve its notification.
We further requested to protect the interests of the JTOs and AOs where DPC is initiated before 01.07.2018 for the existing vacancies but could not complete before 01.07.18. They may be given notional promotion from 29.06.2018 along with others to protect their seniority at par with others and the pay fixation benefit if any, we suggested.
- c) Bringing Parity and Uniformity in all future promotions: DIR(HR) informed that BSNL management will follow the principle of parity in all the future promotions. As first stage the possibility to bring parity upto 2005 is under examination and will be discussed with CMD. As of now there is no vacancy to promote, except in SDE(T) and CAO cadres. Now management is only focusing on the contempt petition at Ernakulam and Chandigarh and after that only it can concentrate on further promotions. AIEL preparation is stalled by your own friends, then how we can promote JTO to SDE, DIR asked. We explained that the case was filed not by SNEA, it was done by AIGETOA activists and they are only filed the contempt petition also. SNEA all along supported the BSNL stand in the courts. She suggested to ask them to withdraw the case, on which we informed DIR that already we told them several times, which is the easiest way to promote the JTOs. In Chandigarh case also SNEA is not supporting the case and we publically told this and our stand is very clear, reservation should be given in promotions as per the interim order of Hon SC. But some leaders for the sake of their own promotion, forced BSNL to give excess promotions beyond the scope of the interim order of the Hon SC which is to be reexamined. This drama they had played only in SDE to DE promotions because the so called leaders are also getting AGM promotions. Similar stand they did not taken in the case of JTO(T/C/E/Arch/TF) to SDE(T/C/E/Arch/TF) or JAO to AO promotion or SDE(C/E/Arch/TF) to EE(C/E/Arch/TF) promotion. CMD and BSNL management is very much disturbed on the contempt petition, DIR told. BSNL is filing review petition in the Hon HC against the order quashing the method of fixation of inter-se seniority from training centre marks to date of appointment which will unsettle a settled procedure followed by DoT and BSNL. It will expedite the preparation of AIEL, GM(Pers) informed.
On bringing parity by upgradation of posts, DIR(HR) is non committal and informed that upgrdation may not be possible in future but doors are not closed for ever.
- d) DE to DGM promotions: We requested to find a solution to the deadlock situation due to the court order on catch up rule. If 600 DGM posts are created which is almost proposed in the HR plan, all the dispute over the catch up rule can be overcome by giving promotions to all. Meanwhile the DPC for all the eligible DEs to be completed and the panel can be made ready, we suggested. DIR(HR) is very positive and told us to give some time as entire management is busy on the contempt petitions.
- e) Circle break for Soft tenure: DIR(HR) informed that the proposal is already in her office. OSD to DIR(HR) told that it reached more than one month back. In fact the proposal has sent by the Pers section by the end of May. DIR(HR) assured that decision will be taken very shortly as per the assurance.